Peraton is seeking a senior Research Associate with the requisite experience and background to develop, populate, and maintain inventory models to provide a mechanism to monitor and forecast marine mammal population trends. In addition, the selected individual would also provide records management and develop processes and procedures for responding to various requests for information. This is a part-time position estimated at 20-24 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct surveys of all U.S. members of the zoo and aquarium community that display marine mammals;
- Develop an iterative forecasting model that can be used to assess facility capacity in the near, mid, and far term.
- Develop enhanced processes and procedures for responding to RFIs, including public requests, FOIA requests, and media requests that fully comply with existing PAO policy.
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete inventory records including reviewing and cataloging for retention and/or release
- Bachelors in Engineering/Math/Science (required), Masters in Business/ Science related field (preferred)
- 20 years+ experience in animal husbandry, specific experience in managing marine mammal populations
- Knowledge of Federal and Navy policy and regulations, Animal Welfare Act, MMPA, and SECNAVINST 3900.41.
- Experience with interagency interactions and various agency policies and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
This position requires candidate to have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance, and maintain a Secret clearance.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.