Peraton is seeking a Materials & Processes Engineer to support our Colorado Springs, CO, Elkton production operations.
The Acusil® production department manufactures thermal protection materials that are applied to parts received from customers, or these materials are molded, cured, and machined to print so that they may be bonded onto parts. The customers we support are large and small Aerospace companies. The mission of our team is to provide customer satisfaction for product quality and delivery schedules while focusing internally on continuous improvement of our processes to reduce cost, rework and repair.
The Materials and Processes (M&P) Engineer will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of production processes used in the fabrication of parts and assemblies. This position requires the interaction with Design Engineering for the design of parts and tooling. In addition to the management of processes and materials, this position provides support into pricing and proposal efforts to the program manager.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• Overseeing M&P associated with Acusil® thermal protection materials
• Managing small products from proposal pricing and award to completion
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining production methods, operation sequences and processes in the fabrication of parts and assemblies
• Developing and maintaining manufacturing work instructions/processes
• Interfacing with Design Engineering/Engineering to implement the most feasible M&P solutions to ensure quality parts
• Supplying Production Control/Material Control with required documentation to implement and purchase project manufacturing/material requirements
• Minimum requirements are a BS degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or Materials Science, and 2+ years of related experience in a manufacturing or production environment. Without a degree, 8+ years of directly related experience is required.
• 2+ years of experience with adhesives, composites and manufacturing production workflows
• 1 - 3 years of experience pricing proposals
• A general RF background and experience with Microwave and Electronic testing using network analyzers.
• Experience with silicone elastomeric resin systems.
• Excellent communication and written skills for the definition and creation of process work instructions and documentation.
• Strong multitasking and time management skills are essential to balance the many tasks that will be handled.
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.