Peraton requires Systems Security Engineers to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Systems Security Engineers are responsible for implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information. This position will identify and define system security requirements. Systems Security Engineers design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs based on an analysis of performance and cybersecurity event trends and identification of problems related to associated network devices, connectivity, services, and applications. Systems Security Engineers make the network more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. They perform fault/impact analysis on user activity and network performance based on proactive monitoring of generated network and security faults. Systems Security Engineers will have a background in security or systems engineering and will be responsible for building and/or maintaining both Enterprise and Component based security tools.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Engineering, implementing, and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
• Using security information and event management (SIEM) products, especially Splunk and ArcSight
• Supporting the Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) in protecting, monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to cyber incidents
• Monitoring systems security and responding to security incidents, including outages or events
• Coordinating corrective actions, applying security patches, coordinating network minimization, and performing any other relevant responses
• Participating in security systems testing
• Ensuring integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data
• Preventing and detecting intrusion
• Performing system administration and hardening of Linux Systems
• Reading and writing shell, Perl, Python Scripts
• Using and maintaining security tools, especially Nessus, Core Impact, ACAS, Yara, Open IOC, or other host-based signatures
• Managing email Security Appliance
• Preparing and documenting standard operating procedures and protocols
• Configuring and troubleshooting security infrastructure devices
• Writing comprehensive reports, including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
• Some positions may require shift work and/or an ability to work a non-standard work schedule to support the USSOCOM mission
*Positions are contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.