We have an exciting opening for a Network Engineer to join our team in Landover, MD. This position will work on-site, daily.
What you'll do:
· Configure, deploy, patch/update/maintain routers/switches in a worldwide enterprise network.
· Develop and maintain Ansible playbooks, Unix shell scripts, and batch scripts for use on configuring network routers and switches.
· Automate the configuration and frequent auditing of Cisco switches and routers using Ansible playbooks.
· Configure and maintain tools for enterprise-wide network monitoring of VMs, switches/routers, and datacenter hardware using scripts and SNMP/IPMI protocols.
· Provide Tier II support as required for troubleshooting enterprise networking/VoIP/video infrastructure.
· Act as local subject matter expert for network administration tools (TACACS+ server, SNMP monitoring).
· Research COTS and open-source software solutions and performs prototyping, testing, and installation of the software to support new and existing systems/network infrastructure.
· Use Git/BitBucket for version control of projects.
· Track projects and tasks using Jira as part of an Agile Scrum team.
· Design and plan changes to network communications systems as required. Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
· Conduct cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information to the customer for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet program mission needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
· Responsible for configuring and maintaining STIG compliance posture on router and switch network devices.
· BS Degree and 5+ years or experience with responsibilities described above. Will consider additional experience in lieu of a degree.
· TS/SCI Clearance
· Experience working with configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IOS/NX-OS.
· Experience working with BGP, EIGRP and OSPF Protocols
· Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, particularly Ansible. Other tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform or similar will work as well.
· Experience writing and maintaining shell/batch scripts. Any scripting language experience should translate well.
· Experience with Ansible playbooks
· Security+ Certification.
· CCNA and/or CCNP Certification.
Preferred (not required):
· Experience with Jira, Zabbix, and TACACS+.
· Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
· Experience with Linux and/or Windows server administration.
· Experience with managing VMs in vCenter.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.