Peraton is seeking Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineers (SR) for positions on the upcoming Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. The purpose of SITEC-3 is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the world 24 x 7 x 365.
* Positions are contingent on contract award *
** Salary Range is based on geographical location **
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leads implementation of virtual desktop technologies and VDI solutions, including VMware Horizon, Citrix XenDesktop, and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
• Supports architecture and design, including the ability to design and implement scalable, secure, and high-performing VDI solutions.
• Leads technical teams, manages projects, and makes recommendations for new technologies and solutions.
• Applies cybersecurity principles and practices, including information security, incident response, and risk management.
• Identifies and resolves complex technical issues.
• Works with stakeholders, team members, and customers to understand their needs and provide solutions.
• Maintains up-to-date technical documentation and procedures.
• Represents USSOCOM and interfaces with software and hardware vendors for support issues.
• Some positions may require working a non-traditional work schedule to meet the needs of the client.
• An ACTIVE DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility is required
• A BS Degree with 8-10 Years experience, or a MS Degree with 6-8 Years experience, or a PhD with 3-5 Years experience in a related field is required
• Prior experience supporting an enterprise level IT effort at the COCOM or similar level
• DoD 8570/8140 IAT Level II certification is required
• Additional relevant certifications related to field are required.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.