Peraton is seeking a Network Planning, Design, and Engineering Lead (SME) for a position on the upcoming Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. The purpose of SITEC-3 is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the world 24 x 7 x 365.
* Positions are contingent on contract award *
** Salary Range is based on geographical location **
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides current operations support and subject matter expertise for voice and video services
• Delivers systems engineering services and expertise for voice, video, data, and transmission networks
• Supports operations of unified capabilities test facilities
• Maintains a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
• Troubleshoots enterprise voice, video, cloud, and data networks and evaluates the impact of architectural changes on the network
• Troubleshoots enterprise WAN/MAN voice, data, and transmission networks and evaluates the effect of architectural changes on the network
• Troubleshoots CAN/LAN voice and data networks and evaluates the effect of architectural changes on them
• Implementing engineering changes, upgrades, or installations authorized by the Government
• Works with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on unified capabilities implementation, optimization, and ongoing management
• Provides high-level support and technical expertise in unified capabilities
• Represents USSOCOM and interfaces with software and hardware vendors for support issues.
• Maintain the Office 365 tenant and settings.
• Determine and evaluate configuration settings and policies for Office 365, such as manage USSOCOM’s security, compliance, and productivity. These settings include password policies, email protection, device management, and more.
• Assess the set-up of Office 365 email and other services (such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Teams) to meet USSOCOM's needs and enable collaboration and communication.
• Evaluate Office 365 and Cisco Jabber usage (monitoring service health, analyzing usage reports, and responding to user feedback and support requests) and recommend changes to USSOCOM for service improvement.
• Assess Office 365 and Cisco Jabber updates and new features and evaluate how they may impact USSOCOM.
• Review and make recommendations for configuration settings for USSOCOM’s use and set up of Cisco Jabber, including installing the software/updates, configuring settings, and connecting to USSOCOM's server(s).
• Review and recommend changes to the configuration of chat and calling features for Cisco Jabber to meet USSOCOM's needs. This involves assessing chat rooms, audio and video settings, and call forwarding and voicemail.
• Some positions may require working a non-traditional work schedule to meet the needs of the client.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.