Peraton is seeking a Messaging Engineer (SR) for a position on the upcoming Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. The purpose of SITEC-3 is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the world 24 x 7 x 365.
* Positions are contingent on contract award *
** Salary Range is based on geographical location **
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Designs, develops, and implements messaging strategies and roadmaps.
• Monitors, identifies, and resolves issues with email flows (i.e. inbound and outbound)
• Implements, administers, and maintains electronic mail and groupware systems, including associated servers, operating systems, and backup and recovery programs
• Troubleshoots and fixes system problems and service requests, and provides high-level technical support for unresolved help desk issues
• Formulates and documents standard procedures for messaging system administration
• Identifies areas for enterprise-wide system improvements and upgrades, including trend analysis and capacity planning
• Plans, documents and tests appropriate messaging-related disaster recovery and business continuity system
• Leads technical teams, manages projects, and makes recommendations for new technologies and solutions.
• Applies cybersecurity principles and practices, including information security, incident response, and risk management.
• Performs data backup and recovery, disaster recovery, and data replication.
• Identifies and resolves complex technical issues.
• Works with stakeholders, team members, and customers to understand their needs and provide solutions.
• Maintains up-to-date technical documentation and procedures.
• Analyzes systems performance data from tools such as OS and application logs, Splunk and RavenVision.
• Develops system documentation and schematic diagrams (using tools such as Microsoft Word and Visio).
• Develops solutions to update system and utility applications.
• Represents USSOCOM and interfaces with software and hardware vendors for support issues.
• Some positions may require working a non-traditional schedule to support the needs of the client.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.