Peraton is seekingDeployed Systems Administrators (SR) for a position on the upcoming Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. The purpose of SITEC-3 is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the world 24 x 7 x 365.
* Positions are contingent on contract award *
** Salary Range is based on geographical location **
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support the cloud and virtualized resources hosted on the hyperconverged/edge-based deployed system (e.g., VMWare, Azure Stack, AWS Outpost, etc.)
• Support users in the areas of electronic mail, account creation and maintenance, management of the organization’s Active Directory and Group Policy structure, standard desktop applications and above-baseline applications
• Provision and maintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR and Gray), maintains and troubleshoots government network and computer systems and system peripherals / AV equipment
• Monitor the operation of assigned applications, servers, and storage devices to optimize performance while taking actions as appropriate to prevent or limit hardware or software failure
• Troubleshoot hardware malfunctions on servers, server and PC blade chassis, SANs, desktop computers, laptops, analogue KVM switching systems, rack mount consoles and peripherals
• Deploy and support the hosted resources on the deployed system, including virtualized compute (VMs), serverless compute instances, virtualized storage, virtualized networking and other services
• Install Operating System firmware, software, patches, and upgrades, etc.
• Provide Systems Administrator (SA) support to systems hosting complex operational databases, software configuration control, and system interfaces for computer systems
• Maintain file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
• Perform system backups and recovery, configure backups, and validate backup status
• Some position may require working a non-traditional schedule to support the needs of the client
• A DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility is required
• BS degree with 5-7 Years experience, or MS degree with 3-5 Years experience. or PhD diploma with 0-2 years expereince is required
• Certification(s): DoD 8570.01-M IAT II AND CCNA AND MCSA or MCA
• Candidates assigned to Stuttgart Germany MUST meet one of the following requirements to qualify for TESA:
• University Master's Degree PLUS one year of RECENT applicable experience
• University Bachelor's Degree PLUS three years of RECENT applicable experience
• Associates Degree PLUS seven years of RECENT applicable experience
• MAJOR certification in Computer Science PLUS 11 years of RECENT applicable experience
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.