Peraton is seeking a Common Operational Picture (COP) Communication Planner - Global Command & Control System (GCSS) (JNY) for a position on the upcoming Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. The purpose of SITEC-3 is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the world 24 x 7 x 365.
* Positions are contingent on contract award *
** Salary Range is based on geographical location **
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides management, system administration, planning, and operational support for C2 servers and client assets, including Microsoft Windows, UNIX/Solaris, and Linux/Red Hat systems
• Administers and provides technical support for assets employed at approved global locations
• Performs project management, including Configuration Management (CM) using tools such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) and others
• Ensures cybersecurity compliance for GCCS FoS assets
• Performs any necessary actions required to respond to problem reports
• Conducts system, security, and operational testing/evaluations
• Provides support for fielding of future releases
• Ensures personnel and contractors are trained on the GCCS FoS and maintain an ongoing training program
• Manages and administers the Radiant Mercury Cross Domain Solution (CDS) or other designated CDS in support of the GCCS mission
• Plans, designs, and implements system backup and recovery operations on GCCS FoS assets.
• Provides management, system administration, planning, and operational support for C2 client assets, including Microsoft Windows systems
• Some positions may require shift work and/or an ability to work a non-standard work schedule to support the USSOCOM mission
• A DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility is required
• BS degree with 2-4 Years experience, or MS degree with 0-2 Years experience. or HS diploma with 8-10 years expereince is required
• At least 3 years of related experience of intensive and progressive experience in the candidate’s field of study and specialization
• Working knowledge of network and information exchange technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, RESTful, SOAP, HTTP)
• Experience with GCCS Family of Systems (FOS)
• Certification(s): DoD 8570.01-M IAT II
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.