Peraton is seeking a Cloud Lead Architect (SME) for a position on the upcoming Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. The purpose of SITEC-3 is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the world 24 x 7 x 365.
* Positions are contingent on contract award *
** Salary Range is based on geographical location **
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Designs target architectures
• Follows DoD Systems Engineering Guidebook
• Oversees CSP-specific core SME group
• Leads product demos
• Analyzes, troubleshoots and designs cloud solutions.
• Communicates with technical and non-technical users also is essential.
• Participates in working groups, design reviews and system tests as required.
• Generates assessments, as well as develops and implements actionable recommendations based on reviews.
• Develops, maintains, and supports technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components
• Performs installation, maintenance and support of system software/hardware and user support
• Configures, debugs, and supports multiple infrastructure platforms
• Performs high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
• Works as a strong contributor and provides technical expertise.
• Stays abreast of emerging trends in information technology and helps shape the work for the customer.
• Support the hybrid multi-cloud by following strict security protocols (including IAM, data encryption, and governance and management policies), developing a migration plan, developing interconnectivity with legacy systems, integrating monitoring and reporting tools.
• Works with the government to understand their requirements and evaluates possible technical solutions.
• Represents USSOCOM and interfaces with software and hardware vendors for support issues.
• Some positions may require a non-traditional work schedule to support the needs of the client.
• An ACTIVE DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility is required
• BS with 10-12 Years experience, or MS with 8-10 years expereince, or PhD with 5-7 years experience in a related field is required
• Previous expereince supporting an enterprise IT environment for a DoD COCOM or similar level organization
• DoD IAT Level II certification required
• AWS or AZURE or Google cloud certifications - i.e. AWS Solutions Architect, Azure Fundamentals, Google Associate Cloud Engineer or higher required
• Prior experience supporting cloud migration efforts required
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.