Peraton is seeking a Campus Area Network/Local Area Network (CAN/LAN) Lead for a position on the upcoming Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. The purpose of SITEC-3 is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the world 24 x 7 x 365.
* Positions are contingent on contract award *
** Salary Range is based on geographical location **
• Primary contributor of engineering team in the development of complex engineering projects
• Leads Engineering team through the development of small engineering projects
• Builds and reviews engineering documentation
• Leads critical incident resolution.
• Contributes to incident resolutions, with the ability to lead when required.
• Engineers enterprise data, voice, and video networks
• Establishes and operating network test facilities
• Maintains a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
• Works with vendors, SOCOM, carriers, and peers on network design, implementation, optimization, and ongoing management
• Provides high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including CAN/LAN hardware, switches, bridges, and routers
• Creates and develops network projects, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network.
• Plans, models, simulates, designs, installs, maintains, manages, and coordinates the network.
• Monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
• Tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines,
• Keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs.
• Provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians
• Position may require working a non-standard work schedule to support the needs of the client
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.