Peraton requires a Unified Capabilities Service Architect to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary contributor of engineering team in the development of complex engineering projects
- Leads Engineering team through the development of small engineering projects
- Builds and review engineering documentation
- Leads critical incident resolution
- Contributes to incident resolutions, with the ability to lead when required
- Establishes and operates network test facilities
- Builds and reviews engineering documentation, including diagrams and configuration records, to help ensure that the UC systems are properly managed and maintained
- Engineers enterprise voice, and video UC systems that are scalable, reliable, and secure, and making recommendations for improvements as needed
- Collaborates with other teams, such as network and security engineers, to ensure that the UC systems are integrated with the overall IT infrastructure and are secure from cyber threats
- Designs, develops, evaluates, and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower-level detailed requirements
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Keeps technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs.
- Provides guidance and direction for junior network support
- Represents USSOCOM and interfaces with software and hardware vendors for support issues.
- Maintain the Office 365 tenant and settings.
- Determine and evaluate configuration settings and policies for Office 365, such as manage USSOCOM’s security, compliance, and productivity. These settings include password policies, email protection, device management, and more.
- Assess the set-up of Office 365 email and other services (such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Teams) to meet USSOCOM's needs and enable collaboration and communication.
- Evaluate Office 365 and Cisco Jabber usage (monitoring service health, analyzing usage reports, and responding to user feedback and support requests) and recommend changes to USSOCOM for service improvement.
- Assess Office 365 and Cisco Jabber updates and new features and evaluate how they may impact USSOCOM.
- Review and make recommendations for configuration settings for USSOCOM’s use and set up of Cisco Jabber, including installing the software/updates, configuring settings, and connecting to USSOCOM's server(s).
- Review and recommend changes to the configuration of chat and calling features for Cisco Jabber to meet USSOCOM's needs. This involves assessing chat rooms, audio and video settings, and call forwarding and voicemail.
- Some positions may require working a non-traditional work schedule to support the needs of the customer.
*Positions are contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**