Peraton requires Storage Engineers to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network
Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Evaluates existing infrastructure, reporting results and recommendations
• Installs, configures, manages, and maintains backup and storage infrastructure
• Maintains storage system documentation, including configuration diagrams, topologies, configuration management, inventory, licensing, and SOPs
• Monitors backup and storage infrastructure health throughout the enterprise
• Coordinates across various engineering, network, security, and admin teams
• Manages server and endpoint disaster recovery (DR)
• Provides leadership and training to team members
• Responding to incidents, reconfigurations, installations, or other physical changes
• Works with Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations (COOP) teams to develop and ensure Back Up and Recovery strategies and ensure operational integrity.
• Advises on any required modifications or upgrades to storage equipment and software, including vendor recommended patches and updates.
• Troubleshoots issues in applications related to storage and databases.
• Engages in capacity planning so that adequate storage is procured from certified vendors and provisioned across the SIE for servers and devices to run properly in line with standards and design documents.
• Assesses problems that could occur in advance and escalate those issues to the Service Owner and Architect Storage Engineer to address issues across the SIE for both cloud and on-premise capability,
• Analyzes systems performance data from tools such as OS and application logs, Splunk and RavenVision.
• Develops system documentation and schematic diagrams (using tools such as Microsoft Word and Visio).
• Develops solutions to update device firmware, drivers, and utility applications.
• Represents USSOCOM and interfaces with software and hardware vendors for support issues.
• Some positions may require working a non-traditional work schedule to support the needs of the customer.
*Positions are contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**
OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of BS
Benefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.