Peraton has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Distributed Computing Service Owner Lead to lead and manage the enterprise technology infrastructure, daily operations, and business systems of the on-premise and cloud-based SOF Information Environment (SIE) with a team of contract employees, subcontractors, and enabling third-party vendors in support of government requirements for the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) in support of United States (U.S.) Special Operations Command (USSOCOM).
Responsibilities include service delivery across the enterprise infrastructure and operations as well as influencing stakeholders and directing technology solutions to ensure key SIE initiatives and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth, and flexibility for USSOCOM, Service-led Components, and Theater Special Operations Commands. Additionally, the Operations Service Owner Lead will be responsible for assigning tasks to contractor & subcontractor personnel, supervising ongoing SITEC 3 EOM technical efforts, coordinating with the USSOCOM TPOC, and managing the overall infrastructure and operations performance within scope of the SITEC 3 EOM contract.
The Distributed Computing Service Owner Lead must be self-motivated and will be required to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally. The Distributed Computing Service Owner Lead must have strong management and communication skills to interact and coordinate effectively with distributed service delivery teams as well as both internal and external executive leadership teams.
The Distributed Computing Service Owner Lead is responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of Task 4 distributed computing services delivery and staff, including desktop, mobility kit, mobile device management, AV/VTC, common workgroup devices, and IMACs including managing technical issues and business processes across enterprise IT locations; managing and responding to Government issues, concerns, and comments; and proactively alerting leadership to potential contractual or programmatic and resource limitation issues. Close collaboration with other technical and non-technical service owners will be critical.
The Distributed Computing Service Owner Lead will be the main interface for distributed computing operations between SITEC 3 EOM and key SIE stakeholders across USSOCOM overseeing the day-to-day technical operations and infrastructure of the SIE including oversight of related projects enabling supported organizations with the tools and resources to effectively fulfill their missions, roles, and responsibilities. Additionally, the Distributed Computing Service Owner lead will oversee the systems, services, and interfaces that enable close collaboration with, and support of, US Joint Forces, Interagency, and Multinational mission partners in order to sustain the USSOCOM national defense mission.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Aligned to the government Deputy J64, provides direction and oversight of Task 4 distributed computing services delivery and staff, including desktop, mobility kit, mobile device management, AV/VTC, common workgroup devices, and IMACs
• Provides expertise and leadership in delivering Tiers I, II, III support for desktop platforms
• Manages and responds to Government issues, concerns, and comments; and alerts the Government proactively to potential contractual or programmatic and resource limitations issues
• Interfaces between the USSOCOM end customers, the SITEC 3 EOM contractor, Enterprise, Components, and TSOCs Deputy Program Managers, and the component J6 management staff and provide input into the management activities within their functional area
• Ensures staff development and mentoring
• Coordinates with third-party vendors at their site as needed
• Manages teams of contract support at multiple locations
• Reviews task plans and deliverable items, manages schedules in line with financial budget
• Develops/presents briefings, prepares correspondence, and prepares project status reports as required
• Manages and oversees technical personnel who apply approved cybersecurity patches, software, and hardware updates as required
• Interfaces with O&M personnel by providing strategic design and support to projects as directed
• Manages and oversees the performance of small scale IMAC services for IT hardware and software to include the installation, relocation, upgrade, change, modification, reconfiguration, and assistance with disposition of hardware and software.
• Position may require working a non-traditional work schedule to support the needs of the customer.
* Position is contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.