Peraton requires an Optimization and Innovation Lead to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plans, designs, and leads expert-level Optimization and Innovation initiatives to improve and upgrade EOM processes, organizational structures, and capabilities providing new analytical techniques and methodologies, tools, and transformative solutions.
• Coordinates and collaborates with J6/ITMO, J63, Enterprise / Components / TSOCs, adjacent SITEC Programs, and SOF AT&L to deliver a holistic approach for optimizing and innovating the SIE within scope of the EOM program.
• Resources the SIF Service Owner and SIF/SIT team to support executing of architecture, engineering, and SIF infrastructure operations as well as projects to field new capabilities for USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces.
• Resources the Optimization Service Owner and the Optimization and Innovation team to support executing optimization, continual improvement, and organizational change management planning services in support of Enterprise, Components, and TSOCs needs.
• Collaborates to facilitate internalization of change within EOM and USSOCOM staff and across the Enterprise, Components, and TSOCs to reduce uncertainty, increase benefit realization, enhance performance, and the achievement of desired results and outcomes.
• Efforts include collaborating with Enterprise, Components, and TSOCs staff / stakeholders and EOM Service Owners to develop transformation strategy, facilitating creation of a culture of change, and implementation of process improvements / organizational change management that accelerate USSOCOM’s ability to rapidly adopt new capabilities and adapt to the dynamic mission environment.
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources.
• Ensures Team Peraton meets EOM deadlines, standards, and cost targets, providing overall quality assurance within the scope of transformation and organizational change.
• Documents, maintains, and executes applicable standing operating procedures (SOPs) as required – conducts periodic, not less than annual, review of SOPs and associated activities.
• Ensures Peraton meets EOM deadlines, standards, and cost targets, providing overall quality assurance within the scope of transformation and organizational change.
• Some positions may require working a non-traditional work schedule to support the needs of the customer.
*Positions are contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**
OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of BS
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.