Peraton requires Capacity Engineers to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network
Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Applies capacity planning methodologies, tools, and techniques.
• Analyzes performance data and uses that information to predict future performance needs.
• Applies virtualization technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V, to design and deploy virtualized infrastructure solutions that meet capacity planning needs.
• Designs and deploys cloud-based solutions that meet capacity planning needs.
• Works in a team environment and collaborate with other engineers, stakeholders, and project managers.
• Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Analyzes complex problems and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
• Adapts new technologies and best practices.
Analyzes systems performance data from tools such as OS and application logs, Splunk and RavenVision.
Uses logging data and current storage needs, reviews trending and future needs.
Develops solutions to adjust capacity to meet future demands.
• Some positions may require working a non-tranditional schedule to meet the needs of the customer.
MacDill AFB, FL
*Positions are contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**
• BS 2-4 Years, MS 0-2 or HS 8-10
• Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education
• Five (5) years of experience managing IT professionals
• Experience in a Storage Engineering function in a large-scale Enterprise with a background in Storage Technologies.
• Experience with site-specific logistics and technical challenges in a dynamic functional, management, and technical environment
• Experience working on a global-based, enterprise-wide project communicating with local and long-distance Government personnel
• Experience with IT Service Delivery using an ITIL/ITSM framework similar in size, scope, and complexity to the requirements of this TO.
• Experience with leased server equipment a plus
• Knowledge with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) combined with Hybrid Cloud solutions
• Experience (assigned or working with) the SOF community
• Certification(s): DoD 8570.01-M IAT II
• Clearance: TS/SCI
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.