Peraton requires Cyber Security Analyst (JRNY) to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network
Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Investigate alerts, anomalies, error, intrusions, malware, etc. to identify the extent of a security incident and be able to help isolate the responsible agents.
• Maintains multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
• Performs systems administration, maintenance, computer security, and support for servers on networks and Computer Network Defense-Service Provider (CND-SPs)
• Performs changes to associated routers, switches, and encryption devices.
• Recommends improvements automated information system security polices
• Maintains and operates a services support program that provides systems administration, maintenance, computer security, and support for servers on networks.
• Provides systems administration, maintenance, computer security, and support for physical servers,
• Performs system, security, and operational testing/evaluation events.
• Tests to ensure Government data is protected from unauthorized disclosure and remains under Government control.
• Tests to verify configuration and protections of external and internal data flows between applications, containers, virtual devices, virtual machines, and cloud infrastructure.
• Tests to verify data at rest encryption on cloud infrastructure.
• Tests the build and related procedures.
• Detects network intrusions and cyber incidents
• Detects, identifying, and alerting the Government of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities, distinguishing these incidents and events from benign activities.
• Assists in incident response
• Monitors systems security and responding to security incidents
• Participates in security systems testing
• Ensures integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data
• Prevents and detecting intrusion
• Supporting incident containment and remediation recommendations
• Conducts log file analysis
• Uses various tools such as Remedy, Splunk, and Office Automation to perform duties
• Some positions may require work outside a traditional work schedule to support the needs of the customer
Positions are at the following locations:
*Positions are contingent on contract award.*
**Salary range is based on geographical location.**
Candidates applying for a role in Germany must meet one of the following requirements to qualify for TESA:
• University Master's Degree PLUS one year of RECENT applicable experience
• University Bachelor's Degree PLUS three years of RECENT applicable experience
• Associates Degree PLUS seven years of RECENT applicable experience
• MAJOR certification in Computer Science PLUS 11 years of RECENT applicable experience
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.