Peraton is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities. We are currently seeking a Database Lead
Our team supports technical solutions associated with the collection, processing, and exploitation of assured, relevant, and timely oceanographic, meteorological, hydrographic, precise time and astrometric information for the Commander, Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command (CNMOC). Candidates who join our team play an integral role in the design, development, and innovative modernization of the IT infrastructure used to provide meteorology and oceanography support to warfighters afloat and ashore. We will maintain, upgrade, and modernize the IT infrastructure to include engineering, software development, administration, and data management.
To be considered, you must MEET or EXCEED the qualifications and requirements as they are outlined.
Must be a US Citizen and hold a DoD Secret clearance, Top Secret clearance preferred
This is a hybrid on site/telework environment.
Candidates must be within a commutable distance from the primary physical location they are hired for.
This work includes but is not limited to:
- Lead a team responsible for the work outlined below while also being a hands-on contributor.
- Assign personnel to various projects and direct activities; review and evaluate work and prepare performance reports.
- Confers with and advises on policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Create data strategy artifacts such as policy, governance and instructions, capabilities descriptions, metadata implementation specifications, product format specifications, and interface description specifications.
- Oversight of data architecture engineering, data management support, solutions, tracking efficiencies, and meeting net-centric and data-centric objectives.
- Improve cost and efficiency in data architecture, services, modeling, and administration.
- Oversight of geospatial database design, maintenance, and administration support.
- Consults with and advises users.
- Projects long-range requirements and design in conjunction with other managers.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding database management.
- Formulate and define scope, objectives, and detailed specifications.
- Design, test, debug, maintain, and document databases in cloud and on-prem environments.
- Maintain technical knowledge and responsibility of all phases of analysis and development.
- Instruct, direct, monitor, and check the quality assurance of products.
- Architect, design, and oversee the development and administration of databases.
- Install, create, and configure databases for a data warehousing application.
- Use import utilities to populate databases.
- Create Indexes, Clusters, Snapshots, Views, and other database objects, as well as manage Rollback Segments, Data File Size, and all the other aspects related to performance tuning.
- Create backup and recovery plans and procedures based on industry best practices, including testing to ensure recovery is successful.
- Identify and correct potential security weaknesses to minimize risk.
- Setup database authentication profiles such as username / password, PKI, LDAP, etc.
- Write code for update queries and update data dictionaries as new fields are added.
- Create and maintain data correction logs identifying the date the correction that was performed, tables and fields effected, submission effected, error code effected, and other pertinent metadata.
- Expand and update the data dictionary for related applications.
- Identify and document stakeholder requirements translated into functional, performance, and technical requirements.
- Develop requirements, track requirement changes, and maintain traceability of end-user needs to the system performance specification and delivered capability.
- Support integration planning and interface management by documenting internal and external interface requirements and dependencies.
- Support verification activities during requirements analysis including how each requirement is verified, the tasks and resources to complete the verification matrix, and supporting documentation.
- Re-engineer existing databases to use cloud services.
- Design, implement, and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions.
- Performs cybersecurity sustainment activities.
- Implement configuration, security, and engineering standards to improve interoperability of data, products, and applications.
- Create work products such as entity relationship diagrams, data flow diagrams, structure charts, data structure diagrams, and pseudo code.
- Use systematic, disciplined, and quantifiable engineering practices during the development and maintenance of cyber secure and STIG compliant databases.
- Implement or integrate logging and monitoring solutions as specified.