Peraton is seeking highly technical Solution/Cost Estimators to fulfill proposal estimating needs for the following capability discipline.
Mission Engineering and Operations– This domain includes a full spectrum of Mission Engineering and Operations solutions and services used to support customer missions within the U.S. Public Sector. Mission Engineering guides and orchestrates the overall technical effort to ensure customer expectations and mission needs are met. Operations distributes critical operational mission information to decision makers to improve U.S. national security. Mission Engineering and Operations capabilities include:
- System Engineering
- Applied Research
Solution/Cost Estimation Team Infrastructure Support
- Support identification and gathering of open-source industry metric, parametric, and relevant benchmark data for use in future estimating
- Support development of an estimating library/historical data repository to support continuous improvement and best practices for leverage on future pursuits
- As directed, contribute to special projects which will generally focus on improvements to the cost estimation process
- Provide mentorship to less-experienced estimators, coaching on Peraton standards and best practices, and the BOE creation process. Peer review the contributions of mentored estimators.
Development of Technical Project Estimates and Detailed Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Perform detailed analysis of the client’s Request for Proposal (RFP), with accompanying Statement of Work (SOW) or Performance Work Statement (PWS), and other artifacts
- Develop questions and requests for information in response to the RFP for transmittal to the client to elicit the most complete metric data possible for use in calculating the estimate
- Capture all tasks and activities, both specified and implied, formulate a comprehensive project Task List and integrate that into the BOEs and the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Develop project estimates that support quantifiable, verifiable, and auditable BOEs that are fully compliant with customer requirements for each Peraton proposal
- Collaborate with Solution Team, Business Development, Capture, Pricing, Competitive Intelligence/Price to Win (CI/PTW) and Sector Leadership to ensure solution/strategy is understood and integrated into the estimating process
- Analyze and recommend optimal labor compositions designed to present a competitive and competent staffing solution for the program derived from RFP and SOW/PWS workload analysis and meeting all performance and compliance requirements
- Complete BOEs by analyzing and translating operational program requirements and applying expert knowledge, historical data, industry trends, and parametric calculations as applicable, to determine the required resources (labor, material, subcontracted services, and other direct costs [ODCs]) needed to execute the proposed solution
- Establish estimating assumptions, rationale, learning curve, scrap, rework, and warranty factors, as applicable for use in BOEs
- Support risk mitigation planning by providing conceptual estimates of risk mitigation measures
- Thoroughly and precisely document rationale and justification for BOE elements to ensure traceability to cost and technical narratives
- Make maximum use of the advanced features of Microsoft Excel and automated BOE tools as available
- Participate as a key contributor to proposal development activities and management and executive approval reviews as well as provide negotiation support in substantiating and defending BOEs as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work on multiple parallel estimating efforts simultaneously.
Support Competitor Solution/Cost Estimating in Support of Competitive Assessments
- Understanding of competitive landscape for the Missions Engineering and Operations capability area
- Support competitor solution estimating. Work closely with a CI/PTW functional team to understand the competition, tools, and experience each competitor will likely wield in proposing to do the work
- Support PTW and pricing strategy reviews to ensure accuracy/competitiveness.