Are you ready to make an impact? Peraton is seeking a driven System Administrator to join our Consolidated Air Force Space Command Modifications, Maintenance, and Operations (CAMMO) program at Schriever Space Force Base, CO. Be part of a fast-pace, mission-focused environment providing operations, maintenance and sustainment support of global Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) mission and non-mission equipment.
As a Systems Administrator, you will get a very broad range of hands-on work to include performing trunk/circuit testing and monitoring to ascertain compliance with specified parameters.
- Performs operations, maintenance and systems administration on the OSR Systems, WANIFs, encryption devices and other systems associated with the Satellite Control Network (SCN) Operational Control Node (OCN) at Schriever Space Force Base, CO.
- Maintain computer networks including, routers, switches and other physical hardware; install and configure network equipment; configure and manage firewalls as required; monitor computer systems to improve network performance for all systems
- Coordinates efforts with customers, associate contractors and fellow CAMMO program personnel to ensure highly successful operations, configuration, and verification of connectivity
- Develop/deploy ANETS VMware solutions; administer, configure, and troubleshoot/resolve VMWare environment issues; install operating systems, service packs, security patches and bug fixes as directed; provide technical support and document VMWare processes; keep informed of related developments in VMWare technologies and products; VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred; extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of VMWare ESX and related technologies
- Windows Server and Active Directory knowledge; must have knowledge of server technologies; implement highly-available server/networking/storage infrastructure; candidate may be involved in providing planning and execution of projects; troubleshoot and provide technical analysis concerning operating system, network, and application performance issues to resolution; coordinate problem management and resolution among a variety of functional areas and provide subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems
- Client/Server management and architecture work experience; client/server experience and provide judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of client/server system; analyze client/server requirements to ensure the system meets performance requirements; must be familiar with relational databases
- Monitor and troubleshoot system/application activity and performance; perform functionality and integration testing for new and updated Endpoint Security Software; assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall implementation and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software
- Maintain and monitoring of Science Logic SL1; Provide feedback to continuously tune monitors to limit false alarms; Basic understanding of Science Logic SL1 suite of products
- Develops procedures and trains personnel and performs complex operations
- Accepts, develops and implements the more complex configuration changes associated with the WANIF/ WAN Resource Manager (WRM) and related systems.
- Perform account management, systems and database administration, testing, PMIs and troubleshooting/fault repair
- Perform systems administration, database administration and master document upkeep, account management, software support and maintenance, outage documentation review, and repair of computer systems.
- Perform customer service, configuration and touch maintenance on information systems and peripheral devices.
- Interface with associate WANIF/WRM contract support personnel to open and track job tickets on systems